top of page

Teacher Marilinda Claravall

Imparting the love and joy of dance thru the proper teaching of classical ballet following the RAD disciplines

Marilinda Claravall is the Owner, Director, Teacher and Choreographer of the   CLARAVALL SCHOOL OF DANCE at Paranaque Main Studio and the British School Manila. She is also a Registered Teacher of the ROYAL ACADEMY OF DANCE London and a holder of Silver Swans Licensee. She was a member of the International Team of Tutors for Certificate of Ballet Teaching Studies, one of the Dance Programs of RAD.  She also was the RAD Ambassador for Continuing Professional Development in the Philippines.  She is also the Corporate Secretary and Artistic Council vice chairman and former Executive Director of the PHILIPPINE BALLET THEATRE, the leading classical ballet company of the Philippines.

Marilinda Claravall has been teaching Ballet for over 40 years and has produced several top caliber classical ballet dancers and teachers.  It is her mission to develop the appreciation of ballet as the highest art form, promote excellence in its execution and develop ballet as a course in education and teaching it as a career. Her ultimate dream is to bring ballet to the forefront of the arts ensuring the recognition of its value and making it a part of the school’s curriculum.

One of her main achievements is sending her students to take the yearly RAD exams conducted by representatives from the Headquarters of RAD London since 1995.  Counting to over a thousand now, 40% of the students achieve Pass with Distinction and the remaining 60% pass with Merit. The Certificates awarded come directly from RAD London are recognized in over 90 countries worldwide. Some of these students have made a career in ballet here and abroad and others have competed in the local and international arena and have been awarded the top prizes.


She presents students once every 2 years in Grand Ballet Concerts that showcase the students’ versatility, artistry and love for dance since 1994. Full Length ballets with twists to bring out messages performed at the Main Theatre of the Cultural Center of the Philippines and The Theatre at Solaire and at the Assumption College in Makati City.


During the Covid years 2020-2022 Malen continued on training students online with performances entitled: Hope and Joy in my Sacred Space 1 and 2 (December 2020 and December 2021 and in June 2022 – our first live performance at the mall entitled Live and Celebrate.

She also coached students in International and Local Competitions and won 2nd place in 2016 and the rest into the semifinals

  • 2016 – CCP Solo Ballet Competition

  • 2012 – Genee International Competition at Wellington, New Zealand

  • 2010; 2008, 2005 – NAMCYA Solo Ballet Competition - Local in the Philippines

2015 – 2019: Continuing Professional Development Ambassador for the Royal Academy of Dance Philippines


2005 – 2013: Member of International Team of Tutors Faculty of Education.  Freelance Dance Teacher Module taught to students from Malaysia, Singapore, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines through online taking up Certificate of Ballet Teaching Studies to become future RAD teachers


1999- 2005: Head of RAD Registered Teachers Association

2014- present: Titular Head of RAD Registered Teachers Association


Headed and Mounted Full - Length Classical Ballet for Royal Academy of Dance Philippines with 10 RAD schools participating


  • 2001 - Full Length Nutcracker Ballet

  • 2000 -  Full Length Giselle


After receiving her Silver Swans License, she started online the Glamorous Swans group which included adult and seniors ballet in November 2021. They have been performing since at the malls and part of the latest Ballet Recital – Sleeping Beauty – The Awakening and Other Dances.  These seniors continue to inspire me.

Malen started her ballet at 4 years old under the late Joji Felix Velarde and Sony Lopez Gonzales.  Her main training was under Heather Llodra of the Royal Academy of Dance then Felicitas Radaic  who opened the wonderful world of teaching.  She performed with Dance Theatre Philippines which is the precursor of the Philippine Ballet Theatre.


She continues to update her knowledge in dance attending seminars by various local and international institutions foremost of which is the Royal Academy of Dance HQ


Malen Claravall is a Certified Public Accountant and was an Internal Auditor in a Bank, Finance Manager in a Marketing Firm and a Chief Operating Officer to a Service Company. She also was a professor in Accounting at Thames International Business School. She is a mother to 2 married sons who are corporate executives and a daughter who is Doctor of Medicine and also married to another MD. She has 4 grandchildren.

Significant Moments

Contact Information

Mobile No.


Email addresses:

Find us on:





bottom of page